Maryland Train Accident Lawyers
Whether you have sustained considerable injuries or lost a loved one in a Maryland train accident, there may be a way for you to recover your losses and secure a better future. A good first step is to reach out to a knowledgeable personal injury attorney for legal assistance before the statute of limitations expires for your case and you surrender your right to pursue compensation for your injuries and damages.
At Alpert Schreyer, LLC, we fight hard to get our clients the compensation they need to pay off medical bills, make up for lost wages and get help for their pain and suffering. Whether your case goes to settlement or trial, we will be there to help ensure that you get the best settlement or judgment possible. Feel free to call us at 1-844-MDCRASH if you have any questions or concerns.
How Can I Win My Train Accident Case?
As the victim in a train accident case, you will be expected to provide proof of the train company's liability. In other words, you will have to establish that the actions of the train operator or company contributed to a preventable accident. Now how exactly do you go about this?
In any suit brought against a public transportation entity, it is necessary to prove that the entity was negligent. Whether it is the negligence of train operators, negligence in ensuring that computer operating systems are working without error, or negligence in properly maintaining and/or updating train equipment, train accidents are often caused because all necessary precautions and safety issues were not addressed prior to the train's usage. A knowledgeable Maryland personal injury attorney can assist you through this complicated and difficult process.
Supporting Your Case
By conducting a thorough investigation of your case, your attorney should be able to yield evidence that will form the backbone of your legal argument. Depending on the circumstances which led to the accident, you may be able to establish the following:
- Computerized signal systems failed
- Improperly maintained train tracks threw the train off course
- Outdated railcars or other equipment necessary for the train's proper, and most efficient, operation malfunctioned
- Faulty train signals placed one train directly in the path of another
- Operator was distracted or inattentive
Contact Us Today
If you have been injured or have had a loved one injured or killed due to a Washington, D.C. or Maryland train accident and are ready to consider the legal aspects of your loss, please contact the knowledgeable personal injury lawyers at Alpert Schreyer, LLC today. Our lawyers stand ready to start you down the path of recovery.
- MARC Train
- Railroad Safety
- Md. Man Wearing Headphones Hit by Train in Latest Incident
- Train Hits Truck in Rosedale
- Freight Train Hits Truck and Derails in Maryland; It Felt 'Like an Earthquake'
- Maryland Truck Driver Hospitalized after Train/Truck Collision
- Maryland’s Ungated Railroad Crossings - Accidents Waiting to Happen