Each year, over 500 Marylanders are killed in traffic collisions caused by distracted, speeding, and intoxicated motorists. Sadly, this tragic statistic doesn’t even tally the countless number of car accident survivors who sustain devastating physical and cognitive injuries on an annual basis. It can be difficult for a survivor to navigate the legal aftermath of a car accident, especially if they’re struggling to afford costly medical bills. If you’re living this scenario, you may be interested in exploring your legal options. You may be working with your insurance company already, so do you need a personal injury lawyer to secure a favorable settlement?
A personal injury attorney can represent your interests and protect your right to compensation. For example, an Alpert Schreyer Poe lawyer can:
- Streamline the legal process
- Provide you with compassionate and knowledgeable guidance
- Honestly and patiently address your questions and concerns
- Thoroughly asses and explain your legal options
- Manage the legal aspects of your case so that you can focus on recovering
- Meticulously investigate the accident
- Collect critical evidence, including witness testimonies
- Consult with specialists and experts
- Develop a case strategy that reflects your legal objectives
- Help you accurately complete and file any necessary paperwork, including the claim
- Protect the validity of your claim
- Prevent the defendant’s insurance company from taking advantage of your inexperience
- Negotiate with insurance company representatives on your behalf
- Calculate your projected injury-related expenses to counter any low-ball settlement offers
- Litigate on your behalf if the case goes to court
There is one critical fact you need to remember throughout the duration of your case: an insurance company is a for-profit business. This means that an insurance claims adjuster will do everything in their power to reduce or eliminate your damages, even if it means engaging in subterfuge to undermine your claim. For an adjuster, it’s common practice to offer an inexperienced plaintiff a settlement that is 25-50% lower than the case is worth. The best way to maximize your claim is to retain the services of an experienced car accident attorney.
Discuss Your Case with a Qualified Legal Representative Today
At Alpert Schreyer Poe, our skilled and resourceful car accident lawyers can investigate your case and develop an aggressive litigation strategy that proves the at-fault party is responsible for your injuries and financial losses. With our guidance, you can recover compensation that accounts for your medical expenses, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, and more. If you’re interested in learning how we can benefit your specific case, please schedule a free consultation with our firm today.
Contact Alpert Schreyer Poe at (301) 812-4777 to schedule a free case evaluation.