Determining Who is At Fault for Your Accident
Proving who is liable for the crash is the first major hurdle in acquiring compensation for the victim’s losses. The Maryland bicycle accident lawyers will look at the following factors when determining liability in your case:
- Car drivers pulling out of a parking spot or driveway and neglecting to look for cyclists
- Drivers failing to look out for bicyclists at stop signs
- Cars turning directly in front of bicycles
- Motorists running stop signs or red lights when cyclist are at intersections
- Speeding, drunk driving, driving while distracted, and other forms of driver negligence
A motorist can also be held responsible for injuries caused even if there was no collision, such as when the bicyclist swerves to avoid a car door opening or a driver who cut them off. Our legal team utilizes the accident report, eye-witness statements, medical experts, and even accident reconstructionist to determine the exact cause of your bike crash.